Blogs > Lighten Up with Joe

Joe Marich of Lakeline has what you might consider a tough challenge: His job. The owner of an Eastlake bakery said he wants to get back to his active ways and get control of his weight.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Moderation


So last week was my wife's birthday.  I know I say "everything in moderation" all the time but in this case, there was no moderation.  We went to Melt. 
I could say that I felt guilty cheating or that I was disappointed in myself for going but the truth is I was fine with it.  I ate really well that week so why shouldn't I be able to treat myself? I enjoyed it, a lot.  The next day I went right back to healthy eating and never looked back. I have been doing really well and decided that, just like bread, this is part of my life.  I don't want to deny myself these things and be on a "diet" for the rest of my life.  I want to modify what I do now to make it a lifestyle change that still affords me the opportunity to splurge every now and then.  So maybe in this case the moderation is not in the amount of food I ate but in the frequency that I go to Melt. 
PS – In case you were wondering, it was REALLY good!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home