Blogs > Lighten Up with Joe

Joe Marich of Lakeline has what you might consider a tough challenge: His job. The owner of an Eastlake bakery said he wants to get back to his active ways and get control of his weight.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lighten Up

Well I finally figured out this computer stuff!

There's a saying that goes something like...If you like doing your job, you'll never work a day in your life.

I've been a baker for over 35 years.  First Starting out at the old Hough Bakeries when I was in High School. Then went on to owning the Willoughby Baking Company for over 16 years. Now I run a little bakery in Eastlake called Cakes By Maria and Joe, featuring cakes for all occasions.

All in all, I love my job, and everything that goes with it, including, indulging into the decadent sweets that I make.

Coming from a European background, bread was a staple at every dinner table.

That is my weakness, my kryptonite.  Come on, is there anything better than fresh bread coming out of an oven, and watching butter just melt all over it?

As I start my diet for Lighten Up I know I will have to watch my calories, but like the saying goes, everything in moderation.

I hope to use Lighten Up as a ways to a healthier lifestyle and possibly changing some of the thing I make in my bakery to be more healthier and just as delicious as ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home